But in Florida? The one truly absolute must-win for Republicans? Hillary is currently beating them all, even their former governor and current Senator. This should be terrifying for the GOP, because Hillary needs only the 2004 Kerry states plus Florida and she's already over 270 electoral votes.
Florida is the bluest Swing State so far as Secretary Clinton gets 47 percent to U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio’s 44 percent. She gets 46 percent to former Gov. Jeb Bush’s 42 percent. In other matchups:Looking good, huh?
- Clinton tops New Jersey Gov. Christopher Christie 46 – 35 percent;
- She beats U.S. Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky 46 – 39 percent;
- She tops former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee 49 – 38 percent;
- Clinton thumps Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker 48 – 38 percent;
- She buries U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas 48 – 37 percent;
- Clinton bashes Ohio Gov. John Kasich 48 – 35 percent.
I'll spare you more quotes from the Quinnipiac press release, because it's one of the most relentlessly negative towards Hillary that I've yet seen. Okay we get it, she needs to work on her "honest and trustworthy" numbers...enough already, guys!
Despite that, she's still beating everyone in Florida...even the Floridians.
Talk about missing the forest for the trees.