If you not following Hillary Clinton on Twitter, now would be a good time...because at literally any moment, a very special tweet could arrive.
The long and winding prelude to her announcement is nearly over, according to aides, and the start of her second bid for the White House is likely only days away. Top Democratic activists in the early-voting states of Iowa and New Hampshire privately say they have been placed on alert that Clinton will soon be on her way.
The specific moment she jumps into the race remains a closely guarded secret, even inside the crowded corridors of her small office suite in Manhattan, which new aides have descended upon to build the operation. Only a handful of confidantes actually know the precise time Clinton will pull the trigger — first on social media — yet aides have been instructed to be ready from Monday forward.There's lots of interesting if often somewhat vague info in this CNN piece, but at this point it's probably best to let the campaign unfold by itself in the coming days.
Here's how to have a front row seat to history:
1. Go to Twitter.com and sign up if you haven't already.
2. Go to Hillary Clinton's official page.
3. Click the "Follow" button on the right side.
4. Click the "gear" icon right next to it (on mobile devices, it may be a "star").
5. Select "Turn on mobile notifications".
6. Look for the message "You will now receive mobile notifications for @HillaryClinton's tweets". If you see this, you are all done.
7. It's possible that you'll need to adjust your preferences (if so, follow these instructions).
8. Under Settings/Mobile, make sure to have "Tweets from people you've enabled for mobile notifications" checked.
9. Go back to Hillary Clinton's page and click the "gear" or "star" icon again to verify that mobile notifications are on.
That's it...you're all done!
The fun is just about to begin...